Newly Acquired Figures.

RoseyT

Re: Newly Acquired Figures.

Post by RoseyT »

JamieBate wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:56 am
I took delivery of my second season 18 Tom and K:9, this one to stay sealed. It’s got a dent in it but I’m not too bothered.
I recently upgraded my S18 Tom and Real Time 6th to the ones found in the 13 Doctors Set though must admit I regret selling the old ones. Particularly the 6th Real Time figure

Cosmodipper

Post by Cosmodipper »

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:24 am
I got a rock.

Maybe you can get a stone (Cold) to go with your rock.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:24 am
I got a rock.
It was either that or a hard place.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

RoseyT wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:37 pm
JamieBate wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:56 am
I took delivery of my second season 18 Tom and K:9, this one to stay sealed. It’s got a dent in it but I’m not too bothered.
I recently upgraded my S18 Tom and Real Time 6th to the ones found in the 13 Doctors Set though must admit I regret selling the old ones. Particularly the 6th Real Time figure
I have the 13 docs blue Colin, but I feel like the original real time is its own variant, I feel like they're different enough to justify having both. The later one is more like the big finish costume. The tom is an upgrade of the original, but Colin is its own thing, not sure why you'd sell one because you got the other

JamieBate

Post by JamieBate »

Aside from them adding extra detail to the scarf and making the shirt an ivory colour, I prefer the original Season 18 figure. The main colour of the scarf is a lighter red than the coat which is more accurate and the paintwork on the head is less cartoony on the original release.

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

Got History of the Daleks set 3

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

KingYcranos wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:06 pm
The Guard Dalek paint job is really nice; I have the original and while the sound fx feature is obviously great, the paint apps actually matching the Mechanus set (and Cushing films) is really nice.

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:20 pm
KingYcranos wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:06 pm
The Guard Dalek paint job is really nice; I have the original and while the sound fx feature is obviously great, the paint apps actually matching the Mechanus set (and Cushing films) is really nice.
It is an amazing set, I have to agree with you on the guard Dalek paint job, it's top notch

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Most recently I picked up a copy of the War Doctor with Dalek Scientists set with the red waistcoat variant and the slightly bluer paint on the Dalek dome.

I absolutely love it to bits. There's something about those subtle paint tweaks that really make both figures pop.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

At the moment I'm just desperately searching for the Mechanoid figure, its so darn beautiful.