B&M store locations stock update

Deborah J

Re: B&M store locations stock update

Post by Deborah J »

I'm going to pop back into my local on Saturday, I'm busy before then, with a bit of luck they'll be stocked with the 5 doctors set by then, get me some tarty pert

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Wow, someone in Nottingham is selling 18 packs of the 5 Doctors set with the Cyberman taken out on ebay (£29 in postage), and they’ve already sold 16 of them.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

rude

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

According to my local store in Bristol: They were the only store in the city to get the Dalek packs today. They only had a few of each, they sold out in minutes, and they're not expecting any stores in the area to receive any more stock at all. :shock: How he would know that, I have no idea, but there you have it.

So I guess that's me at the mercy of Scalpers then.

I hear that if you smack scalpers over the head with a blunt shovel, they make very satisfying popping noises. :x :lol:
Sad is happy for deep people.

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Well, just had a conversation with a mate who's out towards Cambridge way (as we help each other out):

According to the staff member there, the Dalek sets have now been discontinued and there will be no further deliveries to stores as all stock has been received - so unless you happen to come across one on the shelves, you won't be seeing any more!

Does anyone know if/how that could be verified??? I'm loathed to resort to scalpers, but if it's true then I guess I have no choice.

I really wish B&M would do an online pre-order of this. Wandering round store to store a few times a year has just become a frustrating, tiresome experience for me.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

I was thinking wouldn’t it be good if there was a site where you could swop things and still have the same protection as you get with ebay -but thinking of how that would work it would probably not be cost effective for relatively low value items like these figure/TARDIS packs.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Absolutely nothing so far in Birmingham apart from two stores which have had two sets out of the wave (Merry Hill and Castle Vale), equally far away and not worth the travel with not even half the wave. Working four days a week too I've gone the ebay route as I don't see most of my locals getting anything as it was a similar story for the last few waves, got a decent deal on the 3 packs and TARDIS loose but complete. Still hunting for that Planet set, alternate Five Docs and the others for a friend.., really hoping Priory Queensway deliver (literally!).

Did buy a 10th Doc dynamix statue earlier in the week, Priory Queensway has a bunch of 11's and a few 10's left last I looked yesterday, totally get they're not everyone's thing but I quite liked him for my bookshelves, very happy with him!

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Drewski1981 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:21 pm
According to my local store in Bristol: They were the only store in the city to get the Dalek packs today. They only had a few of each, they sold out in minutes, and they're not expecting any stores in the area to receive any more stock at all. :shock: How he would know that, I have no idea, but there you have it.

So I guess that's me at the mercy of Scalpers then.

I hear that if you smack scalpers over the head with a blunt shovel, they make very satisfying popping noises. :x :lol:
Don't take that as Gospel - I've been told that before and stuff has arrived. I've evn been told no we don't have ay Dr Who stuff, so I had to show them where it was!!!!

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:56 am
Don't take that as Gospel - I've been told that before and stuff has arrived. I've evn been told no we don't have ay Dr Who stuff, so I had to show them where it was!!!!
I wouldn't have done, but then - as per my other post - a friend was also told by the manager at a different store across the country that the Dalek sets were now 'discontinued' and no more stock would be arriving from warehouses. The only stock the chain had was either sold or already out on shelves. Seems a bit weird we'd both be told something similar.

Although I know B&M's staff generally have a 'computer says no' approach to customer service. Or at least round here they certainly do anyway.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Good news guys, I got lost in Dundee after a medical appointment and completely by accident stumbled past the Wellgate B&M, turns out they have all the current sets (plus sensorites and power from the last lot) so I am now the happy owner of a tarty pert! Also bought a planet set of daleks to replace the one I gave away, so that's me for this year, I have everything.

Also, got so caught up checking the Pertwee's to make sure I got one without any QC issues (all were fine but I'm picky) I completely forgot to see what cyberboi I was getting until quite a while after I'd left the shop. Fortunately though sheer unearned good luck I somehow picked a leader, so I'm sorted. Anyone who actually lives here, first of all my sympathies for having to live in Dundee, but secondly go get yourself some figgys!