B&M doctor who sets.

Doctor What

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Doctor What »

I imagine a future UNIT set would be from a different year and story. Perhaps Benton and Yates in the "smarter" uniform like the Brig from The Three Doctors? Perhaps including the Brig again or maybe a Third Doctor, potentially with the shirt piece? Would also be nice to have a Liz Shaw using Jo's body as that's a combination people have been customising for a good while, but not sure you could fit Brig/Benton/Yates figures in with that to get another set from a specific story.

Actually this already has me imagining the potential interim/variant wave for these figures, perhaps a Unit: 19?? set from a specific story and a First Doctor TARDIS to make use of that new lamp?

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

I'm shocked at no reference to the Nerva Transmat intro! ... outraged in fact! ... i knew i should have used Mr Sinns Dragon Lasers! ... dammit!

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

GSD wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:47 pm
If there are going to be more 'Claws' figures in the future, my bets are on us finally seeing a Cravat-less Pertwee—new head for compatibility with the regeneration body. An excuse for some other slightly more accurate Pertwees, and plenty of mileage out of one new head.
This, and Doctor What's theory regarding Benton - Brig -and or Yates being repacked for another story theme absolutely top my list for what we may get later or even as an interim set. We've a Doctor, THREE members of Unit, TWO companion headsculpts (Sarah and Jo), AND the Master who all have notable outfit variants for Season 8-11 we haven't gotten or that could be done with swaps/repaints or slight retooling.

(Yes I know Sarah's hair would be slightly off for Season 11. I'd easily live with it if the outfit was 70-80% correct.)

Also, it'd be super easy to do a Brig from "The Web of Fear" with the beret head and Benton/Yates wrap. Maybe dust off that unused Fur Coat wrap for Troughton for a 60s themed set? (Third figure could be new, repacked "Invasion" Cyberman, or even the 1st Doctor from "The War Machines" - another opportunity for the standard Hartnell body - cloak- astrakhan head)

Spannerintheworks

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:01 pm
I'm shocked at no reference to the Nerva Transmat intro! ... outraged in fact! ... i knew i should have used Mr Sinns Dragon Lasers! ... dammit!
I was totally going to blame the Wirrn sabotage for the video delay. Got caught up in the speculation. :D

And oh hey - Thanks again!!!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

rowie4life wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:43 pm
New video is on the Character Youtube channel. At around 8m 20s mark I think he is hinting at something in a future set, maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPPOJ4ZhWLY
He says it's "specific for a very good reason" that he's not going to go into.

Obviously it's because Al's being blackmailed by John Levene, who thinks Benton never looked better than he did in 1971's "Claws of Axos," but Al can't say anything because he wants to get his kidnapped Mini Cooper back without "Benton Rulez!" scratched into the finish.

BeepTheMeep

Post by BeepTheMeep »

Actually, you do realise, now that we have a Benton head there is the possibility of a "John Levine - Jazz Singer" variant. https://youtu.be/VsoHCR-NqK0

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

I picked up on it immediately (I really must get a life). Gorgeous looking sets; this video was a treat and very long awaited! Roll on July 25th!

I'm loving the hint to what I presume to be future U.N.I.T sets in the works. I'm determined to get my Liz Shaw figure eventually :D

Claws of Axos must be the one story with the most figures produced; Brig/Benton/Yates/Delgado/Globby Axon/Gold Axon/Jo Grant. Pigbin Josh next? A Mr Chinn? I'd unironically love a Bill Filer! :D

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Hey, I spotted it! I thought "nice touch!" Then I forgot everything once the toys started rolling out. :)

Have to say I'm not only overjoyed at the choice of figures, but I'm incredibly impressed at the little detail touches, like the worn deco on Troughton, and the tiny Dalek details. (The prop numbers on the back is particularly genius.)

I can't wait to pick these up and roll in them*!

*Metaphorically.

Spannerintheworks

dorkjackson wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:55 pm
Claws of Axos must be the one story with the most figures produced; Brig/Benton/Yates/Delgado/Globby Axon/Gold Axon/Jo Grant. Pigbin Josh next? A Mr Chinn? I'd unironically love a Bill Filer! :D
"Pyramids of Mars", "Remembrance of the Daleks", and "The Three Doctors" would like to dispute your assessment.

Pyramids:
4th Doctor (w TARDIS console bit)
Sutekh
Sutekh (Jackal head)
Marcus Scarman (w coordinator)
Mummy (×2, each with unique canopic Urn)
Horus' mummies (×2)
(Also, there are two add'l urns, the Sarcophagus, and Osiran War Rocket)

The Three Doctors:
1st Doctor (11 Doctors set)
2nd Doctor (11 Doctors set)
Jo Grant (w blue coat)
The Brig (in dress Uniform)
Omega
Gel Guard
(You could arguably include the 3rd Doctor from 13 Doctors here too. He's spot on)

Remembrance:
Seventh Doctor (packed w imperial Dalek w/hat, packed w Renegade without)
Imperial Dalek
Ace (w rucksack/rocket launcher)
Emperor Davros
Destroyed Imperial Dalek
Renegade Dalek (Doctor & Dalek pack)
Special Weapons Dalek (2 releases)
Supreme Renegade Dalek
Imperial Dalek
Renegade Dalek

EDIT: Also, "Genesis of the Daleks":

4th Doctor w/duffel coat (2 releases, one w Dalek mutant, one with hat)
Davros
Sarah Jane Smith
Dalek (fx)
Dalek (w separate gun arm)
Dalek (w silver dot on sucker, Collector's set 1)
Dalek (w bronze gun arm)
Dalek (w 2 tone base)
(Not counting Harry as he's more accurate to "Sontaran Experiment" or especially "Terror of the Zygons", but you certainly could if you wanted to.)

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

Im guessing a Mind of Evil set with TOM TIT Al is referring to