B&M doctor who sets.

Deborah J

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J »

Considering the figure this guy was claiming to have was just red top jodie with a mildly darker top, almost indistinguishable from the existing red top figure, why not just buy your child the red shirt figure that already exists and turn the lights down a tiny amount, what a load of fuss over a non-issue. Beyond "probably could have made that point in a less obnoxious way" what harm has been done? None.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:11 am
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:55 am
Distressed? What are you on about? You can question the morals of it all, but at the end of the day it was just a rumour from one person that we all believed, it caused no distress and caused no legality troubles. In fact the creator himself said that Evolution PR were aware and okay with him doing this, so I really have no idea what you are on about.
I'll point you in the direction of an autistic 10 year old who was in tears if you like.........
As a 25 year old autistic who gets angry if they play the wrong song on the radio, I promise you they'll get over it pretty quickly. If it had been a proper full on wave I might possibly haven't got why people were disappointed but this is literally a tiny repaint of a figure. It's honestly ridiculous.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

SJF wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:29 am
I can’t believe we’re actually having a barmy about bloody Doctor Who toys.
hahahah, I've had to block loads of people on facebook for arguing and getting nasty about it - crazy!

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

RoseyT wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:04 pm
Dalekoddjob wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:11 am
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:55 am
Distressed? What are you on about? You can question the morals of it all, but at the end of the day it was just a rumour from one person that we all believed, it caused no distress and caused no legality troubles. In fact the creator himself said that Evolution PR were aware and okay with him doing this, so I really have no idea what you are on about.
I'll point you in the direction of an autistic 10 year old who was in tears if you like.........
As a 25 year old autistic who gets angry if they play the wrong song on the radio, I promise you they'll get over it pretty quickly. If it had been a proper full on wave I might possibly haven't got why people were disappointed but this is literally a tiny repaint of a figure. It's honestly ridiculous.
Its my friend's son and it took a while!! I'm just labouring a point really that if I could have got hold of the guy at that point I'd have rammed a Jodie figure up a nostril!!

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Dude, thats extreme. Take a chill pill, it was just a figure. Only believe new figures when they come from Character themselves if its gonna cause you that much grief.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

Then you need to work on your anger issues and realise that action figures aren't something worth getting violent over. Maybe take a step back from collecting if its leading to violent thoughts.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Or maybe you lot need to develop some sympathy for a small, young 10 year old autistic child because you clearly have no idea what endeavours their friends and family must go through?
Sheesh. They’re 10.
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:48 am
Considering the figure this guy was claiming to have was just red top jodie with a mildly darker top, almost indistinguishable from the existing red top figure, why not just buy your child the red shirt figure that already exists and turn the lights down a tiny amount, what a load of fuss over a non-issue. Beyond "probably could have made that point in a less obnoxious way" what harm has been done? None.
Also, that? Above? Horrible, smarmy comment.
The ignorance is beyond me.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

How about we have sympathy for an autistic 10 year old and acknowledge that talking about what you would do if you "got hold of the guy" is completely out of order?

The level of pointless bickering over this is ludicrous and it achieves nothing.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Or maybe that's just one case and so making the point that everyone was distressed is wrong. At no point did I ever say anything against this child, it's saddening to hear the effect it had on them and I hope they are okay, but that is 1 instance amongst many so its not right to say that it caused distress to everyone. Also I don't see how Deborah's comment is horrible and smarmy; don't try antagonise people, just keep calm and collected and if you can't do that then don't comment at all. It's simple.

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

...y'all are still going on this? :?