B&M doctor who sets.

Kaldor

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Kaldor »

Doctor What wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:45 pm
How about we have sympathy for an autistic 10 year old and acknowledge that talking about what you would do if you "got hold of the guy" is completely out of order?

The level of pointless bickering over this is ludicrous and it achieves nothing.
Maybe you’re an adult and need to figure that out if it’s such a big question to you?
It’s astounding that you would literally write that out, think that it’s a good comment, and still post it as a moderator .

This place is starting to look like one of the darker forums on the internet and not in a good way. It feels like a place I shouldn’t be associating myself with, and that is not what I should be feeling about a place where we talk about literal Doctor who figures.
You sit there and type about “the level of pointless bickering”, but that stupid stunt (which FYI, did nothing or even remotely made any sense whatsoever in regards to bullying or cyber bullying), and then still continue to fan flames asking about how you should have sympathy for a 10 year old child?!?
At the end of the day, if someone says “grr, lord knows what would happen if I got hold of him after the distress that’s caused this/my/their/my sisters/my goldfish’s child”, perhaps you ought to step back and think about how much that person cares for that child, and whether or not it’s exaggerated hyperbole. It’s hardly as if they’ve uploaded a link to a document outlining the murder of whatever the guys name is?
Christ on a bike. Common sense, people. Use it.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:45 pm
Or maybe that's just one case and so making the point that everyone was distressed is wrong. At no point did I ever say anything against this child, it's saddening to hear the effect it had on them and I hope they are okay, but that is 1 instance amongst many so its not right to say that it caused distress to everyone. Also I don't see how Deborah's comment is horrible and smarmy; don't try antagonise people, just keep calm and collected and if you can't do that then don't comment at all. It's simple.
It’s ridiculously smarmy and horrible.
Oh, the child is upset because they haven’t got a new doctor who figure variant? Maybe they should just tUrN dOwN tHe LiGhTs hahahahaha

There’s literally no understanding there whatsoever. It is smarmy. It’s not clever, it’s not funny, it’s not even jokey. It’s not “a type of humour” or a situation where people can say “maybe you just don’t get the joke”.
And that is being said not only in regards to a 10 year old, no. An autistic 10 year old.

SJF

Post by SJF »

You know these issues would be quickly resolved if everyone just stfu.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

My point was just that the figures were near identical, it wasn't meant to be smarmy, just pointing out that in low lighting the two figures are identical, there is a red shirt jodie figure available, there's no real need for this sense of outrage.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

So what do we think will be the next B&M relese? And when did we hear what it was last time?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'm wondering if they'll do february sets this year, because usually we get the new sets in the summer and the tweaked sets in february, but last summers sets had the modified versions in the autumn, so what, if anything, we'll get in the coming few months I couldn't begin to guess at. I'll need to start saving up, I've already spent all this months money and some of next month's.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:42 pm
So what do we think will be the next B&M relese? And when did we hear what it was last time?
A for BOT effort. :)

Honestly....I thought about this the other day. Last year we did get a tweaked wave of prior releases early on if i recall.....but I think that's happened already AND there were the 12th Doctor and Ace sets just recently.

We also got the Series 11/12 wave in March 2020, but I highly doubt we're getting a Series wave. (Until maybe
there's a Series on air, if that pattern holds.)

So I'd wager we get an announcement (or leaks 8-) ) by late spring/early summer? If the releases come to B&M by midsummer again, then that.

But then, we could as always get a B&M online exclusive (a la "Jungles of Mechanus") or another surprise too...

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Yeah sorry guys, maybe got a little to much into that, I'm sorry. I'll probably stay out of that convo now. Hope you can forgive! :)

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
I know Al doesn't pay attention to customs or set suggestions because it all comes down to costs and whatnot....

So this is me totally not suggesting a Hurndall and Death Zone Dalek online exclusive

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:40 pm
Dalekoddjob wrote:
I know Al doesn't pay attention to customs or set suggestions because it all comes down to costs and whatnot....

So this is me totally not suggesting a Hurndall and Death Zone Dalek online exclusive
10/10 would buy.

Actually, hanging with that pattern (Dalek 2-packs that are potentially online exclusive, but don't require EXTENSIVE new figures - ie, use existing molds for more than 50% or rely on new heads/wraps/accessories):

*The 60s Daleks (Perceptor Arm "The Chase" & Mutant Scoop w mutant "Power of the Daleks")
*The Master (Adjudicator outfit) & Corrected Gold Dalek ("Frontier in Space")
*Davros and Nyder (New head/wrap needed, or Master body reuse)
*Accurate "Destiny" 4th Doctor (Different paint apps to booted beige coat, "Shada" scarf), "Destiny" Davros (new paint apps)
*Death Zone Dalek & Cyberleader (If Hurndall is out)
* Dalek ("Resurrection") & Dalek Trooper (New head/wrap/gun)
*Glass Dalek & "Revelation" Davros (new paint apps)

And, if omit Daleks, the things I'd most love to see that could be done for B&M but PROBABLY would be more likely an online exclusive:

*8th Doctor (frock coat/TVM new paint apps) - Charley - Lucie. 2 new heads and likeness rights, and happy BF fans & 8 completists everywhere.

*Jago and Litefoot. (New heads/likeness rights, there are multiple body reuse opps if a new wrap/coat is an issue) If you want to make it a 3 pack you have 3 rerelease options: New Paint app 4th "Talons" Doctor, Mr Sin, or Magnus Greel.

*Ian, Barbara & Susan. (Likeness rights, new heads and likely new wraps for Barbara/Susan) Bluntly, Character has always seemed less willing to dip into the 60s if the word "Dalek" is not involved. So, make the most popular 1st Doctor team available in one shot, online. Then any other companion forays pre 1970 can be mixed with a Doctor or monster. (And frankly, there's probably ONE beyond this trio everyone would mostly agree is essential, or accept in a "one and done" situation.)

Disclaimer: I don't know how feasible or realistic these would be in terms of cost/likeness. But I know they work along the lines of what we've seen lately, and the online option reduces retail stocking/vendor cost.