B&M doctor who sets.

The Outcast

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by The Outcast »

I'm still hoping for TLV Doctor/Dalek twin-packs, and then a continuation of the Dalek History sets, with #5 - #8 later in the year.

Anyway, on TARDISes - I think we'll most likely get a 1st Doctor and TARDIS of some description this year, most likely something similar to the War Games TARDIS, but lighter blue and with a white door sign, probably based of the War Machines (though I'd love a TUAT based TARDIS with a David Bradley 1st Doctor). In terms of other TARDISes, perhaps they'll do a Season 18 4th Doctor and TARDIS, or an 8th Doctor and TARDIS based off the TV Movie?

We can but hope that some sort of early year interrim wave is coming, though with COVID, any potential wave has probably been delayed a while or outright canned. Still, in the meantime, we can atleast speculate, perhaps some others can come up with some TARDIS set ideas?

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Perhaps any distribution delays to B&M sets would fast-track the next online exclusive?

It is hard to tell what exactly is the desirable (ie profitable) approach for B&M given the current climate, but I can imagine in one scenario, they wouldn't mind using a figure exclusive release to entice Doctor Who fans to make B&M their essential shop of choice during the lockdown.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

As I understand it, a large part of the distribution delays stems from the shipping issues in China, so I think even an online exclusive could suffer from the same problems.

I've been thinking about where the charge of collecting comes from for me -- apart from the fun displays on my shelf -- and I've come to realize so much of it is the excitement of the reveal of the new sets. It almost beats getting them.

Or as Spock once said, "You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

:)

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

Looking ahead, I presume toy fair is cancelled in January. When will the next BnM release take place? Better still, when will the announcement of the next release take place? Thanks

Jamie1D

Post by Jamie1D »

Koth2 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:13 pm
Looking ahead, I presume toy fair is cancelled in January. When will the next BnM release take place? Better still, when will the announcement of the next release take place? Thanks
Toyfair would have been happening right now. Company's that would have been exhibiting have put their stuff online, Character has no Doctor Who stuff to show. https://www.toyfair.co.uk/character-opt ... oPHfqXH6RQ

Of course B&M stuff wouldn't have been at Toyfair so their could still be B&M stuff to come.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Jamie1D wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:29 pm
Koth2 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:13 pm
Toyfair would have been happening right now. Company's that would have been exhibiting have put their stuff online, Character has no Doctor Who stuff to show. https://www.toyfair.co.uk/character-opt ... oPHfqXH6RQ

Of course B&M stuff wouldn't have been at Toyfair so their could still be B&M stuff to come.
That's disappointing. Though they've historically kept the Doctor Who stuff under wraps, so I guess it's no surprise.

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

No Toyfair ... and B%M stuff is never shown at Toyfair anyway .. youre biggest chance of information would be catching me after a few glasses of wine ... but ive stopped drinking for now so thats also looking unlikely!

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:14 pm
No Toyfair ... and B%M stuff is never shown at Toyfair anyway .. youre biggest chance of information would be catching me after a few glasses of wine ... but ive stopped drinking for now so thats also looking unlikely!
PM me your address and I’ll arrange a very large shipment be sent to you. I’ll set up a GoFundMe page so we can all contribute to cost, of course. :lol: ;)
Now, white or red good sir? :D
Let’s say we discuss a years plans per crate?

TheSecondHandOfOmega

Post by TheSecondHandOfOmega »

Doctor What wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:08 pm
TheSecondHandOfOmega wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:58 am
Hello,

I’m not sure if this is the correct place. I ordered a Coal Hill set of eBay and it arrived on Christmas Eve. A present to myself! - Really making the festive period a lot more fun.

However the eyestalk is very bent. Has anyone experienced this? Is the eyestalk the same material as the plunger? Can it be re set?
Put it in boiling water for a few seconds to straighten it, works really well for bent dalek bits.

Thank you very much for getting back to me. Worked a treat.

TheSecondHandOfOmega

Post by TheSecondHandOfOmega »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:33 pm
Ideally very hot but not boiling water ... dip it in straight down ... it will almost certainly immediately straighten (with gravity) and then dip it straight into a cup of cold water .. thus setting it straight . The problem is water thats just off boiling, steam etc is that in straightening one thing you can distort another .. such as the eye rings ... ‘dip and set’ is the best option

Al
Wow. Thank you very much for replying. If I did not think you were amazing with the fans already. Wow. Thank you. Worked a treat.