B&M doctor who sets.

CharlieTheWhovian

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

SJF wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:23 pm
Although I don’t really believe any of this is true, I find a March/April date extremely doubtful. June / July is pretty much what it’s always been, and around that time seems like a more a more realistic prediction of when people might actually be able to go out and buy them again. At least more so that this month or the next.
Even if we can't go out to get them at the minute, I certainly wouldn't turn down a nice online exclusive!

Wholords2

Post by Wholords2 »

If the leak is true I hope the doctor and large monster set
Means that we can get a 10th doc and Vespiform!! It’s much needed as £200 for one on eBay is beyond ridiculous
Insta-@wholords2
Twitter-@wholords2

Making customs and collecting Doctor who figures for over a decade

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Aww... I know people love the Vespiform, but...

Wait, do people love the Vespiform?

It's really just a giant wasp, right?

I mean, as a toy, there's nothing terribly sci-fi about it besides the size. Am I wrong?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:26 pm
Aww... I know people love the Vespiform, but...

Wait, do people love the Vespiform?

It's really just a giant wasp, right?

I mean, as a toy, there's nothing terribly sci-fi about it besides the size. Am I wrong?
Trigger warning:

I gave mine away because the parent story and Vespiform were always lame to me. I was missing one segment.

Clearly, I could've waited and made silly money. But I honestly thought "Who liked the Wasp story anyway?" :lol:

(Edit: I do know people love it and it was, to my memory, a decent build a figure. But yeah, I just....knew someone would like it more than I did.)
Last edited by Spannerintheworks on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJF

Post by SJF »

I always wanted the Vespiform.

But like, as a kid I couldn’t see the value in spending my pocket money on figures that I already had.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

SJF wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:03 pm
I always wanted the Vespiform.

But like, as a kid I couldn’t see the value in spending my pocket money on figures that I already had.
That was my issue as well. A lot of the wave was re-releases of S4 figures we already had and tbh I don't need two pyrovile princesses or Donna's from Planet Of The Ood.

To be honest I'm good with no vespiform but I know a lot of people whod really appreciate it and tbh I'd probably end up getting one myself

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I never got any vespiform bits, most of the s4 figures I really wanted I got first time around, and by the time the vespiform wave was out there was a load of classic series stuff more in need of my attention, I had too limited a budget to get as big a wave as that to try and build a figure, and now I really don't care, the vespiform as a thing to have really doesn't interest me very much. I was never overly fussed about the gelth one either, tbh, I didn't get any parts of it at the time. In fact the only CAB after the K1 robot that I got any parts for at all was the tomb cybercontroller, I got the arm and torso with the tomb boi, and then nothing else because I got the rest of the classic cybermen in the box of 3 from tesco at christmas, I actually did want one of those controllers, so I jumped at the opportunity when B&M reissued it,

Wholords2

Post by Wholords2 »

Let’s hope the lurker is listening! Would make a lot of people happy! Me included
Insta-@wholords2
Twitter-@wholords2

Making customs and collecting Doctor who figures for over a decade

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Hypocrisy and exploitation are the two words that spring to my mind whenever a company re-issues something with that little extra thing to encourage re-purchase of something you’ve already got. The hypocrisy comes in because in the next breath these companies often talk about the need to protect the environment. Take ‘Car Share’ on the BBC. Loads of people bought series 1 and 2 on DVD, then a little later they broadcast a final wrap-up episode. The only way to obtain that extra episode on DVD was to repurchase series 1 and 2 as part of a pack. CDs re-issued with a bonus track used to be the thing. Paperback versions of hardbacks that have an extra chapter is another example. Seems to be if you buy at the start expect to need to go back and pay again if you want the little extras those who wait get.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Bundesrat wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:59 am
Hypocrisy and exploitation are the two words that spring to my mind whenever a company re-issues something with that little extra thing to encourage re-purchase of something you’ve already got. The hypocrisy comes in because in the next breath these companies often talk about the need to protect the environment. Take ‘Car Share’ on the BBC. Loads of people bought series 1 and 2 on DVD, then a little later they broadcast a final wrap-up episode. The only way to obtain that extra episode on DVD was to repurchase series 1 and 2 as part of a pack. CDs re-issued with a bonus track used to be the thing. Paperback versions of hardbacks that have an extra chapter is another example. Seems to be if you buy at the start expect to need to go back and pay again if you want the little extras those who wait get.
A bit like Bluray v DVD on the Who releases.....