B&M doctor who sets.

skifflebits

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits »

RoseyT wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:37 am
We never got any of the second wave, which is a pain since I wanted that Terror Tom and the 3rd/4th Companions set.
Can you find them online anywhere at a price that isn't insane?

EDIT: PAGE 500!

I HERE BY ANNOUNCE THE NEW B&M LINEUP WILL CONTAIN...

####028ddac7395f8110::connection lost::

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

My new suspicion, with stock being cleared out, is that things are being kept quiet to avoid leaks. It's coming, but we're not gonna know until a video drops.

People with actual B&M experience, this make sense? It's absolutely a retail move here in the states.

Unless the Hartnell/Davison era sets WERE the leak, but I notice things went super quiet on those fronts.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I would love for it to be a complete suprise until the video, poor old al got the wind stolen from his sails almost every time last year, he deserves a 2019 style big twist rug pull on us, I liked that, it was such a dramatic event when the video came, I was away from home and couldn't watch the video and had to read here as people posted what they saw while watching it, then had to wait for pictures to go up a little later, such an excitement.

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

I am hoping we get an announcement soon, I need something to look forward to and to figure out how much I need to save for however many dalek sets I’ll be buying.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I am also hoping for an announcement soon, because it's been about six months since the last bit of action figure line news. Though, I have a feeling that if we get an announcement in the next week or two, it won't be any B&M stuff, it'd be a CO online exclusive. I don't think we'll get the big B&M news till June/July.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'm kind of hoping for June as the release time, that would suit me fine

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Bundesrat wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:04 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:04 am
Hey guys, I was just at my local B&M for some fence paint and I took a look in the toy aisle and all of last years sets are £5 now, so if you wanted something but missed it go pick it up, for sure, like it seems to just be the 3 packs left but that's a bargain, I already have them all but I got one of them for my friend whos birthday is next month.
I wonder who takes the hit on this - CO or B&M (assuming B&M are not originally getting them for less £5)?
If there's a hit B&M will take it - CO have nothing to do with it once it arrive sin store as far as I'm aware. Unless there's an agreement which i doubt.

JamieBate

Post by JamieBate »

I hope that any discounts are all still within the profit margin :shock:

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I'm sure they are. Or they're at least breaking even, and they're deep discounting stock to clear shelf space, like all retailers do at some point.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

You just wonder if B&M are making a profit on £5, then given the design, manufacturing and transport costs what profit are CO making - and in turn how much (little) are the manufacturers making?