B&M doctor who sets.

Dalekoddjob

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Bundesrat wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:06 pm
You just wonder if B&M are making a profit on £5, then given the design, manufacturing and transport costs what profit are CO making - and in turn how much (little) are the manufacturers making?
To answer your question I refer you to the many documentaries on poundland! You might think they make very little, but it might be a high margin. If it costs £1 per item to sell, the factory probably have a cost of 10p etc.

Its not impossible that B&M are selling at a loss or break even at £5. The model of shops like that is to make a target of xxx from a range and once that's met they can discount to whatever - some people have bought sets for £1. B&M is based on buy and sell quickly and keep the shleves full.

It would be fascinationg to know the actual real £££ though wouldn't it?

Mastersclanger

Post by Mastersclanger »

Congratulations on reaching both 500 pages and 5000 replies. :P

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Someone shared an interesting podcast on a diascord server I'm on, I'm not going to link to it or directly refer to what they said, because they were discussing the content of a supposed "leak" and just in case it was a legitimate leak I don't want to spread it further, but having said that, if what they were talking about did turn out to be what we get I'd be pretty pleased, a lot of vague bits, and some speculation to fill in gaps, but the picture it suggested was quite promising. No-one know for sure at this stage but I'm feeling really excited for the time when we get an official announcement and know for certain.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:36 pm
Someone shared an interesting podcast on a diascord server I'm on, I'm not going to link to it or directly refer to what they said, because they were discussing the content of a supposed "leak" and just in case it was a legitimate leak I don't want to spread it further, but having said that, if what they were talking about did turn out to be what we get I'd be pretty pleased, a lot of vague bits, and some speculation to fill in gaps, but the picture it suggested was quite promising. No-one know for sure at this stage but I'm feeling really excited for the time when we get an official announcement and know for certain.
While I'm not suggesting you share here, was it totally different/significantly different to the earlier 1/5 eras + K1 rumour?

Things have kind of gone quiet beyond that or general speculation, so intrigued all the same.

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

While we’re all here speculating, someone here does know for sure what the next wave will be, Mr Al himself. I hope the announcement will come soon, but even more so I hope Al or CO get to do it properly without it being leaked first.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:33 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:36 pm
While I'm not suggesting you share here, was it totally different/significantly different to the earlier 1/5 eras + K1 rumour?

Things have kind of gone quiet beyond that or general speculation, so intrigued all the same.
I think the things being discussed bore a lot of similarity to some stuff brought up here a while ago, I think if you saw the rumours then there's not really anything new in it. It was more interesting the sort of extrapolation and speculation about what these sets might contain, the reasoning kind of gave a quite realistic outline of what might come. Though of course speculation is just that, it could easily be way off.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Was the podcast trying to rationalize the rumor? Or did they have some different information?

JamieBate

Post by JamieBate »

I really hope that the grey midsections have reverted to the proper colour for the Power and Evil sets...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I think if they change them again I'd prefer something inbetween the new and old colours. Because the light does look a little light to me, after a few months to think about it, but the dark looks far too dark. I think if you had the two paints and mixed them more or less equally you'd get a lovely colour for them.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:00 pm
I think if they change them again I'd prefer something inbetween the new and old colours. Because the light does look a little light to me, after a few months to think about it, but the dark looks far too dark. I think if you had the two paints and mixed them more or less equally you'd get a lovely colour for them.
Or maybe alternate stripes.