B&M doctor who sets.

Bundesrat

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Bundesrat »

ToyBoxOfRassilon wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:00 pm
Assuming the First doctor and TARDIS set is coming/still coming (which I hope it is)...

What would people like?
I’m fortunate enough to have all first Doctor releases (and TARDIS) so would love a Hurdnall variant.

Given (assuming) we are getting.a 5 Doctors release this would compliment the Ainley Master, Reston Warrior Robot and Borusa quite nicely :)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Like, I mean, these are the leaked photos from last week, these people that are selling them almost certainly aren't the same people from then, if they were going to sell they'd have done so straight away, and taken new pictures, so the seller more than likely doesn't have the items, seems a bit scammy to me, very sus

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Yeah, these folks are very much sussy baccas. I say we vote them out.

I hope we get an official announcement this week, that would be nice. But if not, I am content to wait longer. We will get our Power (of the Daleks set pictures)... eventually.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

The Outcast wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:31 am
Yeah, these folks are very much sussy baccas. I say we vote them out.
I'm so upset.

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:16 am
Like, I mean, these are the leaked photos from last week, these people that are selling them almost certainly aren't the same people from then, if they were going to sell they'd have done so straight away, and taken new pictures, so the seller more than likely doesn't have the items, seems a bit scammy to me, very sus
I don't know if it's worse that they're just some random person deciding "yeah why not, let's take these photos of a "leaked" product and charge them £50 to buy it when it's not out and would be easily available from other people charging as close to RRP as possible" or if it would be worse if the person who found the sets decided to sell them on....

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Looks like they've been taken down, so we're probably not the first people to get peeved.

SJF

Post by SJF »

I’ve got a good feeling about next week.

Then again, that’s what we thought about this week lol.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

My guess is that they are leaving the announcement until pretty much immediately before the sets are released, people get very fed up when they know about the exciting stuff they want to get but then can't get it, that happened last year, and I think the announcement was pushed forward because of the leaks, so they'll keep it as late as possible I think this year, as close to release as they can. It's a bit like with the missing episodes - when they found Galaxy 4 part 3 and Underwater Menace 2 they announced that in December 2011, and we didn't have the Galaxy 4 episode available on dvd until march 2013, and we didn't get Underwater Menace until October 2015, it was pretty frustrating to know the episodes were found but not be able to watch them, so the next time, with Enemy and Web, they didn't announce they'd found them until they were ready to go up on itunes.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:35 pm
My guess is that they are leaving the announcement until pretty much immediately before the sets are released, people get very fed up when they know about the exciting stuff they want to get but then can't get it, that happened last year, and I think the announcement was pushed forward because of the leaks, so they'll keep it as late as possible I think this year, as close to release as they can. It's a bit like with the missing episodes - when they found Galaxy 4 part 3 and Underwater Menace 2 they announced that in December 2011, and we didn't have the Galaxy 4 episode available on dvd until march 2013, and we didn't get Underwater Menace until October 2015, it was pretty frustrating to know the episodes were found but not be able to watch them, so the next time, with Enemy and Web, they didn't announce they'd found them until they were ready to go up on itunes.
I think that's the way to do it! Give people a few weeks to work out funds and budget then bamn there they are. I'm rather worried for my bank account this year since I'm certain I'm going to want all of the releases.