B&M doctor who sets.

Dalekoddjob

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Kaldor wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:19 pm
Dalekoddjob wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:47 am
The B&M page on fb someone has reported that there will be a second season TARDIS and four Dalek sets this year. So presumably that would be Death, Genesis, Destiny and Revelation.
Not quite,
It’ll be planet 2, Death, Genesis and Destiny.
Would be a crying shame if we didn’t get a Nyder/Davros 2 pack in the vein of 12/Davros… Especially seeing how easily Nyder could be done!
As well as some smashing three packs.
But yes, the TARDIS is a go, I’m pretty sure there’s some prototype images out there.
I think there are some images af a new lamp. I'm not sure B&M will do Planet 2, I think that will be CO online.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:01 pm
Kaldor wrote:
Dalekoddjob wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:47 am
The B&M page on fb someone has reported that there will be a second season TARDIS and four Dalek sets this year. So presumably that would be Death, Genesis, Destiny and Revelation.
Not quite,
Would be a crying shame if we didn’t get a Nyder/Davros 2 pack in the vein of 12/Davros… Especially seeing how easily Nyder could be done!
But yes, the TARDIS is a go, I’m pretty sure there’s some prototype images out there.
I think there are some images af a new lamp. I'm not sure B&M will do Planet 2, I think that will be CO online.
Pretty sure you can find the Lurker actually confirming they had discussed doing more than one History pack for certain stories; That's not only stated directly in regards to "Planet of the Daleks" but also one of the topics that I definitely saw posted in other forums attributed to him. So I very much doubt it'd be an online exclusive.

Also, Daleks SELL. Why would B&M refuse that? They probably can't tell a "Chase" set from an "Evil of the Daleks" set for the most part; I doubt they care if the see a "Set 2" after an episode title.

He definitely confirmed that a season 2 Hartnell lamp was done too. (The amazing move they could do with that would be to make it a "Dalek Invasion of Earth" set, include Susan, and make the backdrop THAT end scene.)

On this topic....

I also recall that we were told there was a never-released Magnus Greel variant. If there's something I think we stand to see in the future, that tease definitely fits the bill: A character from the 4th Doctor era who had a (rare) release but could be rereleased without compromising the original's rarity? And, we so rarely got confirmation of entirely unreleased figures that had no prior speculation or leaks/pics that this one definitely registered in a way others haven't.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I don't understand why people seem to think a second planet set would be a CO online exclusive? Like, if it's just a reissue of the Planet Supreme and the Anti-Lightwave Dalek, why would that be a CO online exclusive? It's just existing tooling being reused with new paint apps. It'd be a bit of a let down for the CO online exclusives, which have, with the 2nd Doctor and TARDIS, upped their game in terms of new toolings. I'd be expecting something on more of a comparable level to that release, rather than repaints of previously issued Daleks.

Anyway, that TARDIS set pitched above sounds amazing. A figure of Susan and a TARDIS with the Season 2 lamp, replicating the end of Dalek Invasion of Earth would be a great set, and give us yet another member of the original TARDIS team. We'd then only need a Barbara, and hopefully we'll see her make it into the range soon. It just doesn't feel right to have Ian but not have Barbara too.

Spannerintheworks

The Outcast wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:39 pm
Anyway, that TARDIS set pitched above sounds amazing. A figure of Susan and a TARDIS with the Season 2 lamp, replicating the end of Dalek Invasion of Earth would be a great set, and give us yet another member of the original TARDIS team. We'd then only need a Barbara, and hopefully we'll see her make it into the range soon. It just doesn't feel right to have Ian but not have Barbara too.
I said last year that between the Voord, Sensorites, and TARDIS set it just didn't seem feasible they'd throw us three Hartnell variants in one year. Instead we got two very different Hartnells and Ian; A great move imo.

I love the 1st Doctor, but he just had a TARDIS set release, and a season 2 Hartnell isn't going to be that different from what we got with the Sensorites. (Everyone clamoring for a cloak; pretty sure that's Season 3 (War Machines) or "The Tenth Planet" with that revised roof.)

I readily admit as we've not seen a TARDIS packed with anyone other than a Doctor this one is still pretty remote in terms of likelihood. But this is an instance where they could do it, it'd avoid the 3rd Hartnell within a year, and it's a scene that actually registers with many fans.

Of course, they could do a "never done" Hartnell (coatless/waistcoat, for example) within production means we've seen for B&M too; I'd be equally good with that.

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

I'm trying to pull these last few posts together so I have it clear in my head. This year we're expecting:

B&M Confirmed:

- 4th Doctor & K1 Robot

B&M Rumoured:

TARDIS (2nd Season Variant) + Susan
History of the Daleks: Planet of the Daleks - including the anti-lightwave Dalek and the black & gold Supreme Dalek
History of the Daleks: Death to the Daleks - presumably including two variants, maybe including a different gun mould?
History of the Daleks: Genesis of the Daleks - presumably the two main grey variants, but wouldn't it be sweet if we got a Davros re-release?
History of the Daleks: Destiny of the Daleks - presumably the two main grey variants, but wouldn't it be nice if we got a 'suicide' Dalek or Davros instead?

Also speculative but possible:

Dan
Yaz (re-painted blouse from Eve of the Daleks)
13th Doctor (inverted colour coat from the Vanquishers)
Sad is happy for deep people.

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:35 pm
Dalekoddjob wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:01 pm
Kaldor wrote:

Not quite,
Pretty sure you can find the Lurker actually confirming they had discussed doing more than one History pack for certain stories; That's not only stated directly in regards to "Planet of the Daleks" but also one of the topics that I definitely saw posted in other forums attributed to him. So I very much doubt it'd be an online exclusive.

Also, Daleks SELL. Why would B&M refuse that? They probably can't tell a "Chase" set from an "Evil of the Daleks" set for the most part; I doubt they care if the see a "Set 2" after an episode title.

He definitely confirmed that a season 2 Hartnell lamp was done too. (The amazing move they could do with that would be to make it a "Dalek Invasion of Earth" set, include Susan, and make the backdrop THAT end scene.)

On this topic....

I also recall that we were told there was a never-released Magnus Greel variant. If there's something I think we stand to see in the future, that tease definitely fits the bill: A character from the 4th Doctor era who had a (rare) release but could be rereleased without compromising the original's rarity? And, we so rarely got confirmation of entirely unreleased figures that had no prior speculation or leaks/pics that this one definitely registered in a way others haven't.
I wonder if the TARDIS could have the open windows on the side panels, unless that's too much tooling
Did someone say Foamasi?

Spannerintheworks

Drewski1981 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:16 pm
I'm trying to pull these last few posts together so I have it clear in my head. (Snipped)

B&M Rumoured:

TARDIS (2nd Season Variant) + Susan
I suggested Susan. We know a Season 2 lamp/roof was done (and Lurker confirmed), and apparently there are photos of this doing the rounds online. That looks likely, but whether it gets packed with someone other than Hartnell is entirely wishful thinking/speculation that I just voiced. (I've not seen it elsewhere.)

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:51 pm
I suggested Susan. We know a Season 2 lamp/roof was done (and Lurker confirmed), and apparently there are photos of this doing the rounds online. That looks likely, but whether it gets packed with someone other than Hartnell is entirely wishful thinking/speculation that I just voiced. (I've not seen it elsewhere.)
Ah! Well, now that we have an Ian, I am choosing to believe Susan and Barbara aren't too far behind.
Sad is happy for deep people.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

An Ainley Master is also very strongly rumoured (I wish)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Do we know when the robot set is supposed to be coming? I'm hoping not super soon because I am very broke rn