B&M doctor who sets.

Spannerintheworks

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:06 am
Do we know when the robot set is supposed to be coming? I'm hoping not super soon because I am very broke rn
If by "super soon" you mean "January" I have troubling news for you.

(If it's like recent releases probs February, tho. ;) )

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:43 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Do we know when the robot set is supposed to be coming? I'm hoping not super soon because I am very broke rn

If it's anything like the recent releases, there'll be miserable distribution and yet again some of us will be at the mercy of the scalpers. :x
Sad is happy for deep people.

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Something that strikes me that would make some good twin pack sets, 99% of which wouldn't need new moulds or significant redesigns: History of the Cybermen!

Set #1: Mondasian Cybermen - 1 x Tenth Planet Cyberman, 1 x The Doctor Falls Cyberman (revised design)

Set #2: Tomb of the Cybermen - 1 x Tomb Cyberman, 1 x Cyber Controller, 2 x Cybermats (accessories)

Set #3: The Invasion - 2 x Cybermen

Set #4: Revenge of the Cybermen - 1 x Cyberman, 1 x Cyber Leader

Set #5: Attack of the Cybermen - 1 x Cyber Controller, 1 x Stealth Cyberman

Set #6: Silver Nemesis (New Version) - 1 x 'Destroyed' Cyberman with gold arrow in chest, 1 x Nemesis statue

Set #7: The Next Doctor - 1 x Cyberman, 1 x Cyber King

Spannerintheworks

Drewski1981 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:05 pm

I mean, I know you've leaned heavily on new moulds with your Series 12 and 13 wishlists, but this settles it: You are definitely trying to bankrupt Character. ;)

May as well throw the hot air balloon in there too. :lol:

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:03 pm
Drewski1981 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:05 pm

I mean, I know you've leaned heavily on new moulds with your Series 12 and 13 wishlists, but this settles it: You are definitely trying to bankrupt Character. ;)

May as well throw the hot air balloon in there too. :lol:
I meant Cyber Leader. D'oh!

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Drewski1981 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:16 pm
I'm trying to pull these last few posts together so I have it clear in my head. This year we're expecting:

B&M Confirmed:

- 4th Doctor & K1 Robot

B&M Rumoured:

TARDIS (2nd Season Variant) + Susan
History of the Daleks: Planet of the Daleks - including the anti-lightwave Dalek and the black & gold Supreme Dalek
History of the Daleks: Death to the Daleks - presumably including two variants, maybe including a different gun mould?
History of the Daleks: Genesis of the Daleks - presumably the two main grey variants, but wouldn't it be sweet if we got a Davros re-release?
History of the Daleks: Destiny of the Daleks - presumably the two main grey variants, but wouldn't it be nice if we got a 'suicide' Dalek or Davros instead?

Also speculative but possible:

Dan
Yaz (re-painted blouse from Eve of the Daleks)
13th Doctor (inverted colour coat from the Vanquishers)
What new gun mould for Death? The machine gun mould has been done so already exists. I doubt you'l see Davros in these sets as the packaging/brief seems to be specifically 2 Daleks. Which begs the question whether new packaging would be needed for the Supreme with its bigger base......I wonder if a Planet 2 will come so soon or whether set 2s will come at the end of the run. Though I'd be looking at breaking up the run of grey Daleks so my ideal would be HOTD Death and Genesis, Planet 2 and Destiny, Resurrection with grey and black supreme and Revelation with a white and gold. Surely Remembrance would get a set 1 and 2 together with white/SWD anmd grey/supreme.

I'd think some Doc or other character and Dalek sets.

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Yeah, I guess a Resurrection set would be an easy re-release with the white and gold Necros and grey Dalek set; then they could do a Remembrance set with another white/gold revised design and the black and silver supreme. That shouldn't be too difficult.

I'd love to get the classic Davros releases. I have a couple, but they could do with a good re-issue or two.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:43 pm
Deborah J wrote:

Like ideally for me would be late february/early march. I have a wedding to go to and I don't have any suitable shoes, I can't be buying giant robots right now.

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

Would very much love for the rumour about a Season 2 TARDIS to be true. The TARDIS set in this wave has been a nightmare to get a hold of, and I feel like a fool even sitting on eBay watching bids double the price roll in. So a rerelease of a similar model would be very welcome, especially if it came with Susan. Though I suspect the addition of Susan would create even more demand than the ghostly Hartnell they included this time round.

I only hope that the next time they sort out the distribution and quantities. For some unfathomable reason this last wave has left an abundance of the Earthshock set on shelves and the Unearthly Child set has been whipped up within minutes of being on shelves. It's almost as if a set with a highly desirable TARDIS model could have had more produced, and maybe less of the slightly tweaked 5th Doctor and his gimp suit gang which seems to be destined to be a shelf warmer.

Spannerintheworks

ANewWatchBegins wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:03 am
I only hope that the next time they sort out the distribution and quantities. For some unfathomable reason this last wave has left an abundance of the Earthshock set on shelves and the Unearthly Child set has been whipped up within minutes of being on shelves. It's almost as if a set with a highly desirable TARDIS model could have had more produced, and maybe less of the slightly tweaked 5th Doctor and his gimp suit gang which seems to be destined to be a shelf warmer.
I mean, I have the "Earthshock" set, and it really does the most it can with its figure selection. The bomb is a lovely touch.

I notice to get the most out of new heads/hands/feet and occasional sashes/belts/accessories, it was ONE body mould. That's telling.

When we saw Romana(s), Sarah Jane, and Yaz they also tried to maximize 2-3 different body moulds across sets. BUT, they also were just straight up putting new heads on old bodies with different paint apps. (With the exception of a scarf and ONE new wrap for "Kroll" Romana)

My guess is if we're gonna see Susan, Tegan, Barbara, Zoe, etc.....then it's gonna be a wave where they can divide 1-2 body reuses across 2-4 new heads. And it'll almost certainly be with Turlough (an easy head swap/repaint of Ian) or a Doctor/villain reissue/repaint.

Something like Jamie? Or the Ainley Master? Maybe they'd be possible, but almost certainly with straight up reissues or repaints. (Like say, Jamie and an Ice Warrior and Tomb Cyberman. Or Ainley and Season 18 4th and Regenerated 5.)

Unless things get even better. But the "Earthshock" set definitely puts into sharp relief that there's give (Sensorites, Voord, Raston Warrior Robots, Ian, New Dalek arms/heads & a New TARDIS roof) and take (1st & 5th Doctor reissues, and the Androids in spite of companion demand) with the B&M budget structure as we were Lurker-told many times.