B&M doctor who sets.

Bundesrat

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Bundesrat »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:42 pm
Should we make a board of everyone's predictions so we can see who's right when the announcement comes?

Like a football pool?
Based on recent releases we could all speculate on something like:

1 x Doctor and TARDIS - score 4 Points if correct Doctor, Bonus 6 Points if correct story
3 x Figures (A) - score 2 Points for each character, Bonus 4 Points if correct story/era
3 x Figures (B) - score 2 Points for each character, Bonus 4 Points if correct story/era
2 x Daleks (A) - score 4 Points for each accurately described dalek, Bonus 2 Points if correct story
2 x Daleks (B) - score 4 Points for each accurately described dalek, Bonus 2 Points if correct story

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

TARDIS: 1st Doctor and TARDIS, probably from the Tenth Planet, though second guess would be the War Machines.

Figure packs: Genuinely no idea. Could literally be anything. I'll guess there'll probably be some 1st or 5th Doctor companions, I think Ian and Barbara are likely, maybe Susan too, and Tegan and Turlough are also a possibility. If they do a Master pack, then I imagine we'd get Sacha Dhawan's Master in their standard costume and some sort of Ainley Master, likely a reissue, but if it's a new variant, I'd say it'd be from Survival. Outside of that, I can't really guess anything, and I'll admit this "guess" is more just my own wishlist of stuff I'd like to see and stuff that'd be popular. Not going to pick up many points here I don't think.

Dalek Packs
Power - Drone and Drone without weapon
Evil - Two Emperor Guards, or possibly one with a humanized Dalek with the pupil and little symbol printed on the skirt
Day - Updated paint apps Supreme and non-SFX drone
Planet - Dalek Supreme and Drone (I don't think they'd do the invisible one, as the History sets seemed to be more based on the props)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'm also feeling like Hartnell TARDIS is a strong contendor, maybe wishful thinking, but I think maybe a revised unearthly child TARDIS set, new lamp sculpt, blue frame round the sign panel instead of white, updated, less green weathering. And Hartnell with cloak and hat but on open jacket body. If not then tenth planet, low roof and white scarf, but I'd prefer a high roof so I'm making the auc one my prediction.

3 pack: revenge of the cybermen set - two cyberbois, one normal and one leader, then either a tom figure - hatless and no coat, or if they're feeling like pushing the boat out a little a coatless Harry: pom tom arms and legs, new body wrap.

3 pack: companion trio - either a Davison set with Nyssa and Tegan and either adric and furlough, or a Hartnell set with Ian Barbara and Susan.

Honestly this is more a wishlist than a prediction based on anything, but lockdown is ending soon, maybe if I water Al's plants enough when he goes off on his holidays then he'll give them a whirl?

Dalek setwise, day with darker metallic black dalek and gold dalek with gold neck mesh, and then maybe an evil power mix set, or one set with two daleks from one of those stories.

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

Bundesrat wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:39 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:42 pm
Should we make a board of everyone's predictions so we can see who's right when the announcement comes?

Like a football pool?
Based on recent releases we could all speculate on something like:

1 x Doctor and TARDIS - score 4 Points if correct Doctor, Bonus 6 Points if correct story
3 x Figures (A) - score 2 Points for each character, Bonus 4 Points if correct story/era
3 x Figures (B) - score 2 Points for each character, Bonus 4 Points if correct story/era
2 x Daleks (A) - score 4 Points for each accurately described dalek, Bonus 2 Points if correct story
2 x Daleks (B) - score 4 Points for each accurately described dalek, Bonus 2 Points if correct story
1st Doctor and TARDIS from (hopefully) Season 1 anytime to go with the three packs and a new roofed TARDIS

Power set
Mutant scoop dalek and Drone dalek

Day set
Supreme and Drone (accurate neck and gunmetal)

Marinus set
x2 Voord (altered axon man body, different head thingies)
Barbs (new torso piece? Sarah Jane body and new dress piece for the weird neck thing?)

Sensorites
Susan (Romana Kroll style reuse/new parts)
Ian (mickey body altered to look like his design)
Sensorite (axon man)

I'm not entirely sure what could be in the three packs but... yeah. They are my suggestions

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

So, I'm gonna go in a COMPLETELY different direction with these, just for pool's sake.

TARDIS SET - I'm actually gonna say.....no TARDIS set. It'll be something completely different this go round. Something we don't see coming.

Set #1 - Logopolis - 4th Doctor (S18) - Tegan - Ainley Master (Traken velvets)
Variant reissue - 5th Doctor - Regeneration 5th - Tegan (S20 miniskirt) - Turlough (variant shirt/tie)

Set # 2 - The 1960s - Susan (strap skirt over shirt) - Jamie - Zoe ("Wheel" outfit)
Variant Reissue The 1960s Jamie (Different top/jumper) - Zoe (miniskirt w boa, "The Invasion") - Ice Warrior (reissue/repaint)

Set #3 - The Five Doctors - 3rd Doctor (New Variant) - Earthshock Cyberleader - Turlough
Variant reissue - The Five Doctors - Earthshock Cyberman - Ainley Master (with Cloak) - 1st Doctor (with fingerless gloves/Hartnell Head/paint variant)

History of the Daleks
The Power of the Daleks - Gunless Dalek with narrowed pupil, Standard Drone.

Planet of the Daleks - Gunmetal Drone, Supreme Dalek

2nd Wave

Evil of the Daleks - Emperor Guard Dalek w/narrowed eye, Dalek Alpha

Day of the Daleks - Gunmetal Drone, Gold Dalek

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

I predict a 1st Dr and TARDIS and I really hope we get the three original companions!

Also.....Liz Shaw would be the cherry on the cake!

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

I really REALLY do hope we get the full OG TARDIS team this year, but I'm trying my best not to get my hopes up!

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 pm
I predict a 1st Dr and TARDIS and I really hope we get the three original companions!

Also.....Liz Shaw would be the cherry on the cake!
If we get all the original companions, I'll be a very happy human being. Just imagine, we've been waiting for so long for just one 60s companion to come along, and then three come along at once.

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Ngl I'd find it so funny at this point if the first 60s companions we get are the ones no one has mentioned like Vicki, Dodo, Katarina or Sara Kingdom :lol: (and I'd welcome them with open arms and an open wallet!)

SJF

Post by SJF »

I do feel like we have a good chance of eventually having a complete classic companion line up. A few of them are bit difficult to do right now, but I can see them getting through them all in the end.

Assuming they’re able to keep releasing them with a similar set up to last year’s run over the next few years.

I’m just glad we got certain companions before, like Leela and Ace. Leela would’ve been a Jamie situation now had she not already been released when the line was still going and we probably wouldn’t have gotten Ace with her iconic bomber jacket now.

I’m just hoping we get another big dump of companions this year like we did last year, literally any of them. But I’m leaning towards Fifth Doctor and First Doctor ones tbh.