B&M doctor who sets.

dorkjackson

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by dorkjackson »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:25 pm
yes, the old sets have cheapened right down. I could never risk waiting for the sets to drop in price though, because I'd be too worried about missing out if some of them sold out. So I always get them as ASAP as possible at full price. I like to think the range needs people like me, though.
I concur; I'm not prepared to pay the price of those scalpers and even the individual figures still sell on eBay for a crazy price. It'll be a busy July scouring the B&Ms of Sheffield for me :D

SJF

Post by SJF »

BF have announced yet another new incarnation of Rassilon, this one played by Richard Armitage.

So we could literally get a Rassilon three pack of new heads on the Dalton body at this stage.

Take note CO. We want our Rassilon army.

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

SJF wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 pm
BF have announced yet another new incarnation of Rassilon, this one played by Richard Armitage.

So we could literally get a Rassilon three pack of new heads on the Dalton body at this stage.

10/10 would snap this up in a heartbeat
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

SJF wrote:

didn't terrance hardiman play rassilon in one of the BF plays? THey literally have a head for him already, that would be a supereasy one to do. And I'd personally love a figure of donald sumpter because, like of course I do, it's donald sumpter!

SJF

Post by SJF »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:43 pm
SJF wrote:

didn't terrance hardiman play rassilon in one of the BF plays? THey literally have a head for him already, that would be a supereasy one to do. And I'd personally love a figure of donald sumpter because, like of course I do, it's donald sumpter!
Yep, he did. Richard Armitage is playing the one that comes directly after Terrence Hardiman.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

SJF wrote:

Take note Character, we will buy Big Finish variants and characters!!

Time Lord Victorious 8 or 10? Yes please.

Lucie or Charlie? Finally someone for 8!

Jago and Litefoot? I've got 3 other "Weng-Chiang" relevant figures for them to hang with.

Relevant paint variants for Doctors? I think we all were happy about the blue Big Finish 6 in "13 Doctors". And the Dalek sets.

Bring em on!

BeepTheMeep

Post by BeepTheMeep »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:26 pm

Jago and Litefoot? I've got 3 other "Weng-Chiang" relevant figures for them to hang with.

Yes please. A three piece set with Chinese Puzzle Box and Birmingham-made Chinese fowling gun accessory.

Doctor909

Post by Doctor909 »

Just had a thought for a potential Big Finish Time War set:
Time War Set #1
  • 8th Doctor/War Valeyard -re-release of the NOTD 8th Doctor (maybe with less intense cuts/blood just for a bit of variety) with and alternate Valeyard head to recreate 8th Doctor Time War 3 covers (the NOTD 8 does have a peg so this could be easily achieved)
  • Bliss -Claudia Brown figure with new headsculpt, jacket painted blue/denim effect, white blouse, black jeans and shoes
  • Rassilon -reuse the Timothy Dalton body but if possible add a peg to allow for interchangeable heads for Terrence Hardiman and Richard Armitage, if the peg isn’t possible then just pick one (I’d prefer Armitage but I’d buy either) and save the other for later
I think the set would sell well and has a lot of draws to it, people who missed the NOTD 8 would finally get one, a Valeyard headsculpt would exist which customisers would love whilst there also being an accurate costume for him, there would (finally) be a companion for 8 and then there would also be a new Rassilon for Big Finish and Time War fans which could quite easily be achieved (if the peg idea is abandoned) and would see the Rassilon sculpt being reused (getting the most out of it plus it’s still around as it wasn’t used in the Series 4 set a few years ago). It’d also only require 3-4 new headsculpts which now seems achievable looking at this year’s range. Also a release to coincide with Gallifrey: Time War 4 might also get some extra purchases.
I also think a War Master could be quite easily achieved from a new head sculpt on either a TOTD 11th Doctor (with new chest piece and repainted) or from a repaint of Professor Bracewell, which would be amazing if we got.
Aspiring Writer. Fan boy. Lethal Combination

GSD

Post by GSD »

The alternate Valeyard head is a criminally good idea. Would certainly convince me to pick up what would otherwise just be another NOTD Paul.

On the Dalek two pack front, one of the many suited bodies would work for a 'We Are the Daleks' Seven—fun Remembrance re-release excuse—if it wasn't for McCoy being an unusually short little goblin man! :lol:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'd love a valyard figure, but I think I'd feel a bit short changed if he was dressed as paul mcgann and not in his iconic trial outfit. A bit like the Ainley in suit, it's technically something he wore, but it's not really his costume