Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Koth2 »

Cof<Taren Capel>cof

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:07 pm
Im watching Robots of Dearh to cheer me up .... a wooden console room Kit would be Lovely!
You should ask that guy who does the doctor who figures... think his name is Mal or something like that ;)

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Well i've quickly had a look at Terror of the Zygons to jog my memory and i'm guessing the set could include a camo Benton repaint and a repainted Brigadier from the Daemons set, and then possibly a Fourth Doctor of some variety (would be lovely to have the tartan version but the season 12 outfit with the waistcoat would probably be easier). I can see a Zygons Sarah being a thing as well, perhaps a repaint of the Genesis one or maybe using the body used for Romana 1 and Yaz?

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Kaldor wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:12 pm
I feel defeated on your behalf, Al.
The first leak must have really gutted you, but now a second leak? And with the same people who revealed the contents of the first wave of the sets supposedly revealing the second load of variants... man. It’s a real sucker punch.
That said, it’s such a wholly fantastic reaction in a way, that everyone is still happy with the sets and that people are hyped and excited again.
Which gets me thinking.

Would there truly be no open doorway to a future where you put out say... 6 sets, and people can choose 3 sets, for example?
Say you came to us and said “look, we’ll be honest and open you guys up the process this year, as you’re the customers. We can produce 3 sets, but we’ve mocked up 6 sets to give you guys the choice. Characters can’t be swapped around in the sets, and decisions are final, with items and accessories and sculpts subject to change. You can have (I’m just spitballing):
• Historical Friends of the Doctor
1X Agatha Christie
1X Charles Dickens
1X William Shakespeare

• Companions of the 8th Doctor set
1X Molly O’Sullivan (using Novice Hame base)
1X Lucie Miller (using Primeval base)
1X Kroton

• UNIT through the Ages set
1X Liz Shaw (using Jo Grant bod)
1X Older Brigadier (w/greying hair and wrinkles)
1X Martha Jones in Combats

• The Tenth Planet set
1X Polly (Jo Grant bod)
1X Ben (using Mickey bod)
1X The 1st Doctor (using Hartnell bod with new Bradley head)

• Wheel in Space set
1X The 2nd Doctor
1X Zoe (using Martha Jones bod)
1X WiS Cyberman (with new Head)

• Friends and Foe of the 4th Doctor set
1X Sarah Jane from Ark in space (using Martha Jones bod)
1X Raston Warrior Robot (using generic male body like Acon Male/Sharaz Jek bod)
1X Romana 1 from Power of Kroll (using Silurian general restac bod)

• The Empty Child set
1X Empty Child
1X Gas Mask soldier (using Captain Jack bod)
1X Doctor Constantine w/ swappable head and cane (always useful for customs!)

• Genesis of the Daleks set
1 X Nyder (using new wrap on 12th Doctor instead of coat? Or maybe Generic male body like Axon or Sharaz Jek)
1X Gas Mask soldier w/ primeval gun (painted in Camo, using captain jack bod, rescuing Gas Mask soldier from Empty Child)
Now, pick 3, or put it to a vote.
1X Sarah Jane (rereleased with different or more specific paint apps like Brig was rereleased for Axos UNIT 1971 set)

The winners get commissioned, and the others can be filtered down into next years potential sets. This way, releases can be sure to be sold (not that there’s any doubt), and people can think ahead with money and know what’s coming and be more excited about it. Don’t get me wrong, I like the surprise, but now I know what’s coming, I’m even more hyped than if I didn’t know what the interim wave was going to be.
Furthermore, we can see what sculpts are going where, so we know we could help you guys out in a way by picking two sets that re-use a similar body (like the Sarah Jane Ark in Space and Zoe from Wheel in Space) like with Yaz/Romana 1 this year! Keeping production costs down and profits higher for you guys!
Bumped, as a question for Lurker!

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Doctor What wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:43 pm
Well i've quickly had a look at Terror of the Zygons to jog my memory and i'm guessing the set could include a camo Benton repaint and a repainted Brigadier from the Daemons set, and then possibly a Fourth Doctor of some variety (would be lovely to have the tartan version but the season 12 outfit with the waistcoat would probably be easier). I can see a Zygons Sarah being a thing as well, perhaps a repaint of the Genesis one or maybe using the body used for Romana 1 and Yaz?
It's UNIT-themed, so a Harry Sullivan variant remains my top suspect/imbecile. :)

vitodim

Re: Amazon Sets

Post by vitodim »

Doctor What wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:01 pm
Just to clarify, "Amazon Sets" refers to where these would be sold in the US, in the UK these would be B&M sets, excluding the single carded blue top 13th Doctor which will seemingly be a US exclusive.
On the Doctor Who Action Figures Online FB group, they said that these leaked sets were all going to be UK exclusives. That would seem to be incorrect if the leak came from the US distributor. I'm I right on that point?
Image I am geek, hear me roar!

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

vitodim wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:11 am
Doctor What wrote:
Just to clarify, "Amazon Sets" refers to where these would be sold in the US, in the UK these would be B&M sets, excluding the single carded blue top 13th Doctor which will seemingly be a US exclusive.
On the Doctor Who Action Figures Online FB group, they said that these leaked sets were all going to be UK exclusives. That would seem to be incorrect if the leak came from the US distributor. I'm I right on that point?
I don't see any reason to believe these would be UK exclusive. In fact, the blue top 13 is supposed to be a US exclusive, so that even suggests the opposite.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

vitodim wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:11 am
Doctor What wrote:
Yep, from what we know these sets will be distributed in the same way as the ones that have just come out.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Forgive me if this has been answered, but have we anything other than rumour? No one seems to be able to directly quote the source. I know its supposed to be the same as the previous leak which proved to be correct, but is there any evidence other than that? Or is everyone getting over excited?

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:27 am
Forgive me if this has been answered, but have we anything other than rumour? No one seems to be able to directly quote the source. I know its supposed to be the same as the previous leak which proved to be correct, but is there any evidence other than that? Or is everyone getting over excited?
The information came from people who emailed the US distributor. Also Al has confirmed that it's real.