Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by DalekCheese »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:32 am
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:27 pm
Bundesrat wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:09 pm

Given Al regularly takes an existing figure and creates something else based on it, I expect he is a big fan of such innovations so will likely answer “why, malteaser in a biscuit form of course!”
That’s actually an interesting idea. I mean, it’d be somewhat like a chocolate digestive - but then there’s that kind of crunch in a malteaser, as well as an increased chocolate:biscuit ratio.
Hmmm.
Something to ponder.
You know they already exist? And are quite yummy!
Really? What a time to be alive. I’ll see if I can pick some up sometime, lockdown permitting.

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Will the new Davros in the two pack have the inside of the chair painted black or silver like the original release?

Why did the original Imperial Dalek have a blue eye?

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Kaldor wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:05 pm
I’ve got a question, sir!

How come Ace can be released with her accessories- both a backpack, rocket launcher and a rocket... but we struggle to see the release of sonic screwdrivers- particularly in a set (ie 12 and Davros) where the screwdriver is integral to the story?

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Hi Al, have you ever thought about releasing any modern Dr figures with regeneration energy? You could have say a 9th Dr with vortex energy where his head and hands should be. It would look cool! Also if you ever re-release the disco dancing Rose, an easy repaint would be her red hoodie and black trousers in The Parting Of The Ways or a grey hoodie and jeans from 'Rose'...if we are only ever getting that original Rose, it would be cool to see her in another colour application. Thank you for the new figures!!

DOCTORWHOFAN77

Post by DOCTORWHOFAN77 »

Hey Al!

Firstly, thanks for all of the great sets you have released recently. Seeing things I dreamed about when I collected the line during my early teenage years now become a reality as an adult is really awesome.

Wanted to ask - any chance of more UNIT popping up in the future? I appreciate it's hard selling a figure without a name, per-say, but I'd love to see more troopers in the future, either past or present.

Thanks - appreciate it!

Tom

TV8

Post by TV8 »

Hi Al, I can't see the Coal Hill Ace and Imperial Dalek set up for order at any of the usual outlets in Australia. Should I get mine off ebay (and fast, before they sell out) or are there plans to distribute down under? Cheers!
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Hi
well as it was sports direct australia that leaked it in the first place .. id suggest try them but what their deal is and how they retail it im not sure

al

TV8

Post by TV8 »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:11 pm
Hi
well as it was sports direct australia that leaked it in the first place .. id suggest try them but what their deal is and how they retail it im not sure

al
Many thanks Al, and...nope, I won't be buying it from the merchant bankers at Sports Direct Australia then!

...the set is now listed for wholesale order in Australia so I should be able to order from Who Central or similar shortly. Cheers and thanks for your efforts on this set and generally, it looking absolutely cracking.
I would never have thought we'd be so spoiled for vintage Who figures!
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Hi Al, just a curiosity...have 5" RC Dalek/Davros/K-9 internals ever been revised since the last run so that they are improved, or, if released again, would the same components be used again? (Assuming they can still be sourced, of course.)
Last edited by Theta Sigma on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Uncle_Abe

Post by Uncle_Abe »

Hi Al,
Hhas the Covid Pandemic affected your development or production phases for next year's toy lines? I know you probably have to plan quite far ahead so that you can design and manufacture products well in advance. I know this year the distribution was affected by Covid, but has it also affected the planning for next year's toys?

Also, I know you probably won't answer this one, but can we expect roughly the same number of releases next year as we had this year?