Series 13 Discussion thread (SPOILERS!!)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Doctor Gamer

Re: Series 13 Discussion thread (SPOILERS!!)

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Geez what happened to respecting peoples opinions... why does everything have to be about attacking people these days...

SJF

Post by SJF »

I missed the memo when saying you don’t like something started meaning attacking someone else’s opinions.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:23 pm
Geez what happened to respecting peoples opinions... why does everything have to be about attacking people these days...
Literally!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Kaldor wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:17 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:23 pm
Literally!
Hmmm.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

TheSparrow wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 am
Anywho, I think we've got confirmation that series 13 is gonna air late this year. Was that old news or not?
It's implied, they clearly intend to.

It certainly CAN be done, it's a production turnaround the Davies and Moffat eras accomplished capably.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Kaldor wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:24 pm
Doctor What wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:25 pm
Opinions? Fine. Being disrespectful? Not.
Kaldor wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:39 pm
Everyone else didn’t. :P
You've got to admit this could read as disrespectful.
Or with the happy, jokey emoji, it could read as respectful. :P :lol:
Some people want to be attacked, so they read things as if they are being attacked. It’s a thing.
Yikes

Jokey emoji just conveys a condescending attitude towards who you were replying to

And ‘some people want to be attacked’? I don’t feel anyone should have to have why that is a terrible sentence explained to them

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Whovastron wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:20 pm
Kaldor wrote:
Doctor What wrote:

Some people want to be attacked, so they read things as if they are being attacked. It’s a thing.
Yikes

Jokey emoji just conveys a condescending attitude towards who you were replying to

And ‘some people want to be attacked’? I don’t feel anyone should have to have why that is a terrible sentence explained to them
Or it doesn’t convey that, and it conveys a jovial sentiment.
I’m so confused, I didn’t genuinely take anyone on here as a child, and yet you’re all acting like a bunch of children. Bizarre. (Apart from DalekCheese, maybe. But I took him for more of a 12/13 year old range with the humour).
And as for some people wanting to be attacked, it clearly does not refer to a physical attack. It refers to wanting to read something in an attacking manner. Like Karen’s, and emails telling them they can’t get a refund, for example. It might be a bog standard email, but they’re sure hell bent on taking it personally.
That said, I literally cannot believe I am explicitly having to spell everything out... I mean, with all due respect, take it how you like. I know I’m fine and in the clear with what I mean, otherwise it wouldn’t be written on a forum primarily aimed for discussing children’s toys.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Kaldor wrote:
Doctor What wrote:
Kaldor wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:39 pm
Everyone else didn’t. :P
You know that the medium of text doesn't always convey tone the way you intend. It is the responsibility of the writer to ensure clarity, but in the case of a misunderstanding of your tone, the right thing to do would be to clarify your meaning and apologise for any misunderstanding, rather than blame people for wanting to be attacked.

By all means state your opinions people, have a conversation, but keep it respectful.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:32 pm
(That said, I lol'd at Skifflebits' Girlfriend's "Basic B**ch" comment, too. ;) )
I laughed, too, when she said it.

And I still can't think of a better way of describing it.

Though I don't want to throw gasoline on any fires currently burning, so... I'll keep the details to myself.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

TheSparrow wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 am
Anywho, I think we've got confirmation that series 13 is gonna air late this year. Was that old news or not?
Last quote I read from Mr. Chibs was that it would air "when it's done," which makes it sound to me like the realities of Covid is making things go rather slowly.

Don't know if there's been an update since, though.