3D Printing Doctor Who - Print and paint your own 5.5" scale customs

BoundryHopper

Re: 3D Printing Doctor Who - Print and paint your own 5.5" scale customs

Post by BoundryHopper »

My Prusa MK3S+ should be here Monday so once built it will be great to start printing off all of these brilliant figures... my poor old MK2 isn't up to the task any more.
:evil: #SAYNOTOSCALPERS :twisted:

3DPrintingDoctorWho

Post by 3DPrintingDoctorWho »

Happy holidays, everyone!

After months of dragging my feet, I believe I finally have the Guest Design section of my website fully updated with every single 3D printable figure, prop, and customizing part that has been officially shared within the 3D Printing Doctor Who project over the last three years. All finally collected and collated in one easy to bookmark location!
https://www.3dprintingdoctorwho.com/gue ... lates.html

For those who are keeping score, that's thirty-one new 5.5" scale figures (minus a couple I deliberately didn't link to because they duplicate existing CO figures), two remixes (so far), a whole bunch of random customizing bits, and ten full-scale props and costume pieces! (though two of them have broken links, so I may have to delete them if I can't locate the designer) All of this in addition to my own thirty-three 5.5" scale creations available elsewhere on the site, bringing the grand total of available figures to sixty-four!

If anybody else has designed any figures, props, custom parts, miniatures, statuettes, etc. they want to see added to the collection, feel free to PM me or head over to my 3D Printing Doctor Who Facebook Group, and post your links with the #Template tag.

Last edited by 3DPrintingDoctorWho on Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

You’re an absolute gem, 3DPDW. This is brilliant.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

I love seeing peoples hand-made customs, and I love seeing these ‘prints’ too. More and more you are seeing the two converge as well with printed head being added to a hand-custom body.

If you look at the progression of other technologies over the years it would seem a fair bet that in a few years time there will be a widespread adoption of simple, reliable and affordable to purchase/run printers that will dramatically change the way we acquire physical objects.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

This is gloriously insane!

EDIT: And does anyone know someone who'd be willing to print up a "Nightmare" Cyberman for me? :)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

ALSO: A question for you Mr. 3D. Have you seen anyone post suitable 3D models of the sunglasses worn by the 12th Doctor, or the sunglasses worn by the Roberts Master?

Those are two props I could legit get printed up by 3dhubs and not spend a fortune.

3DPrintingDoctorWho

Post by 3DPrintingDoctorWho »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:29 pm
ALSO: A question for you Mr. 3D. Have you seen anyone post suitable 3D models of the sunglasses worn by the 12th Doctor, or the sunglasses worn by the Roberts Master?

Those are two props I could legit get printed up by 3dhubs and not spend a fortune.
The sunglasses are included with the 12th Doctor's guitar: https://www.3dprintingdoctorwho.com/templates.html#016
They can only be printed in resin though, and are extremely fragile. The good news is, yes, they're one of the cheapest parts you can print and you don't even need to paint them.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Awesome! Thanks so much.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Well, it seems 3dhubs now has a minimum order of $100, so it looks like I'll be looking for another solution for those glasses.

Cyberon Commander

Post by Cyberon Commander »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:55 pm
This is gloriously insane!

EDIT: And does anyone know someone who'd be willing to print up a "Nightmare" Cyberman for me? :)
Hi, they’re my design so I could send you a fully assembled and painted one.