B&M doctor who sets.

Dalekoddjob

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:56 pm
Dalekoddjob wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:03 am

I'm not sure a bloke claiming to have product codes which no one else can verify is that much of a genuine leak. Certainly when challenged he got very defensive, almost petulant.

I'm not sure they would change the format of the Dalek packaging, makes sense to keep it. However if there was a Day 3 pack it might not contain daleks. Claws had no Axon and terror no Zygons so its not impossible its a UNIT type set. Now a new head for the Controller on a Delgado body with a Jo and 3rd Doc? we may get an exclusive tied in with a release again - certainly the Chase variants worked.
Oh man, this again? "Guy claims to have the product codes and when they can't be verified GETS HEATED?" I mean, maybe he has poor temperament but it kinda screams red flag to me.

And hey, I'm not opposed to an obscure character getting a figure, a la the "Day of the Daleks" Controller. And that'd be a GREAT 3rd variant and the new wrap needed for Jo could potentially be reused for a more screen accurate Clara.

I just....I mean....those 3 INSTEAD of unmade companions?

Seems an odd road to go down unless it's balancing something else out with reuses/reissue. And if we've GOT to have a 3rd era pack with a reuse/repaint 3 and only one new head, I think people will flip if it's NOT Liz Shaw.

Hmmmm How popular or even remembered is Liz I wonder. To me the Pertwee era really hit the mark with his second season.

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

I’d happily buy a figure of Penley from the Ice Warriors. It’s one of my dream figures actually. Package him in a twin pack with a 80’s or 90’s Clegg from Last of the Summer Wine and I’d be very happy, hell I’d even pay £100 for it.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

omega1963 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:39 am
I’d happily buy a figure of Penley from the Ice Warriors. It’s one of my dream figures actually. Package him in a twin pack with a 80’s or 90’s Clegg from Last of the Summer Wine and I’d be very happy, hell I’d even pay £100 for it.
Should put a Wallace in there, from Wallace and Gromit, make it a 3 pack

SJF

Post by SJF »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:46 am
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Dalekoddjob wrote:

I'm not sure a bloke claiming to have product codes which no one else can verify is that much of a genuine leak. Certainly when challenged he got very defensive, almost petulant.

I'm not sure they would change the format of the Dalek packaging, makes sense to keep it. However if there was a Day 3 pack it might not contain daleks. Claws had no Axon and terror no Zygons so its not impossible its a UNIT type set. Now a new head for the Controller on a Delgado body with a Jo and 3rd Doc? we may get an exclusive tied in with a release again - certainly the Chase variants worked.
Oh man, this again? "Guy claims to have the product codes and when they can't be verified GETS HEATED?" I mean, maybe he has poor temperament but it kinda screams red flag to me.

And hey, I'm not opposed to an obscure character getting a figure, a la the "Day of the Daleks" Controller. And that'd be a GREAT 3rd variant and the new wrap needed for Jo could potentially be reused for a more screen accurate Clara.

Seems an odd road to go down unless it's balancing something else out with reuses/reissue. And if we've GOT to have a 3rd era pack with a reuse/repaint 3 and only one new head, I think people will flip if it's NOT Liz Shaw.

Hmmmm How popular or even remembered is Liz I wonder. To me the Pertwee era really hit the mark with his second season.
I’ve found that nowadays people tend to prefer Season 7 to the rest of the Third Doctor era.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I love all of Pertwee's run but s7 is the strongest for me

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:46 am
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Dalekoddjob wrote:

To me she's no less niche than Mike Yates? Plus there's a ready made body for her in the form of Jo Grant (turtleneck mini dress and knee high boots). I think we'll definitely see a Liz sooner rather than later; we've had all the other companions from the 1970s in some shape and form... I'd be gutted if we didn't get her too; she's my favourite! :D

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

omega1963 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:30 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:01 pm
DocWho94 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:25 pm

This was not a serious suggestion, just me making clues out of something not there. Although I would love to see a figure of the Meddling Monk!
Personally, I'd happily buy a Meddling Monk figure, though I'd don't know if I'd go so far as to say "love." :)

I mean, maybe after the sixty-odd figures ahead of him on my list get released. ;)

I mean whack him in a daleks master plan set and I’ll be happy
I mean, pay for headsculpts of a dozen-odd companions first, and brand new molds for very glaringly-missing monsters and aliens -- Yeti, Ice Lord, Orgron, the latest Cybermen, new series Zygons, new series Ice Warriors, etc. etc. -- before the Monk and I'll be happy.

Seriously, I'd pick a Menoptra, an Exxilon, a Mandril, a Fomasi, or even a Muto from "Genesis" over that Monk. :)

IMHO, obviously.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:47 am
I’ve found that nowadays people tend to prefer Season 7 to the rest of the Third Doctor era.
Define "tend to." :) (Says the guy who likes flashy, cheesy, and guilty-pleasure Pertwee tales just as much as the "serious" ones.)

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:00 pm
SJF wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:47 am
Define "tend to." :) (Says the guy who likes flashy, cheesy, and guilty-pleasure Pertwee tales just as much as the "serious" ones.)
I can kind of define it as "The stories have a strong basis/plot and UNIT were played straight". I like stories across the whole Pertwee era too, but I had a friend who was shocked there wasn't a production staff turnover or BBC mandated requests between season 7 & 8. Truly a change in vibe.

And yeah, to be clear, I'd buy a Monk. But I'd also easily prefer many non-companion headsculpts from across the series (2nd Doctor w/hat, Season 18 4 w/hat, TVM Master, The Rani to name a few) after the initial 60s/80s missing companions before I'd feel like we weren't skipping over better choices.

Basically - Happy with whatever new we're lucky to get, but I'll certainly be confused/surprised if we have, say, the Monk before Nyssa or Susan.

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

I'd be happy with whatever we are getting. I would love to have more classic companions realized.

But I would absolutely give up an organ for new monsters like New Series Zygons, 2013 Cybes, Wiirn or Ogrons.

Not my organ, mind you, but still.