B&M doctor who sets.

Deborah J

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J »

I'm going to be acquiring some money on thursday and then be passing near that really well stocked B&M on friday so if they're released for then I'd be all over them. Like I would buy a solid one of it. One whole set. I would exchange money for it and leave with the figures. That's how much I want it.

I mean if not I can just wait and get it from my own B&M but I'm going to have like an hour mooching around with nothing to do before my bus if I'm not doing that.

Independently Cross

Post by Independently Cross »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:08 pm
I'm going to be acquiring some money on thursday and then be passing near that really well stocked B&M on friday so if they're released for then I'd be all over them. Like I would buy a solid one of it. One whole set. I would exchange money for it and leave with the figures. That's how much I want it.

I mean if not I can just wait and get it from my own B&M but I'm going to have like an hour mooching around with nothing to do before my bus if I'm not doing that.
Glad you got some funds sorted in time either way!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Any sightings of these in the wild? I'm going to be near the Dundee B&M later today, but I don't know that there's much point stopping by if they've not turned up in any shops yet...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I went anyway, because I was running so excessively ahead of schedule I had two hours to kill, no k1 robot sets, but they did have 90g chocolate bars for 50p so it wasn't a completely wasted trip.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:24 pm
I went anyway, because I was running so excessively ahead of schedule I had two hours to kill, no k1 robot sets, but they did have 90g chocolate bars for 50p so it wasn't a completely wasted trip.
A steal

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Are there any dalek sets still in the wild?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:26 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:24 pm
A steal
When I was taking it to the till I did actually briefly think "It would be so easy to steal this" but then I didn't think 50p was worth becoming a criminal over, so I didn't. Happy to say I'm still a functioning recovering kleptomaniac

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:04 am
Happy to say I'm still a functioning recovering kleptomaniac
Uh huh. What about stealing hearts? ;)
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:24 am
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:04 am
Happy to say I'm still a functioning recovering kleptomaniac
Uh huh. What about stealing hearts? ;)
If that's a crime then I think I must be due quite a long spell in jail

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Managed to pick up the Robot set, so here's some pictures:

The Robot is definitely a great improvement, overall it's painted much nicer and more accurately (although not completely sure if the big black bit at the bottom of the head should be black, I think it might be silver in the story with only the mouth black). The silver is much shinier and the shoulder stripes and head are now more purple which matches the story better. The right claw is a new, thinner version which again reflects the story. Nice to see the disintegrator gun included as well. My only major complaint is that somehow his joints are even looser than the collect and build one!

Original K1 and new K1:

Now onto the Fourth Doctor, which again is overall a vast improvement from the original. The coat is much brighter (probably slightly too bright, I think it should have been a shade darker) and all the grey details and gold buttons are painted on which is nice to see. The scarf is nicely painted although again maybe a little vibrant. It's nice to see the trouser detailing from the Zygons release continuing to this release, and finally the tie has the pattern painted, although sadly no pattern on the shirt.

Wave 1 Fourth Doctor and new Fourth Doctor:

One thing to note is that the head and hat are the same as the ones first used on the Seeds of Doom figure, and later on the duffle coat figures. There was some confusion around if this was the newer Zygons head or a new head, but it is the same sculpt as CO have used previously, although much better painted this time around!